We asked, and you delivered! We asked our customers to send us their favorite meat recipes, and here are some of the submissions we received. Thanks to everyone who participated!
If you're looking for a quick and easy meat recipe, check out some of our customers' faves!
Mom's Swiss Steak
Submitted by: Jon Caudle
- 1lb cube or sirloin steak
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 2 green or yellow peppers (or 1 of each for color) slices thin
- 2 cups tomato sauce
Place everything in a slow cooker or large pot. Cook until the meat is very tender. Might have to take the lid off and turn up the heat if too much moisture collects. Season to taste. Serve over mashed potatoes
Submitted by: Kayla Cranor
- Salt and pepper your steak
- Cook on medium for 3 minutes
- Flip over
- Add garlic, butter, and jalapeños to the pan
- Use a spoon to flip butter and bits of garlic and onion onto the steak.
- Remove from heat, let rest
Submitted by: Tony Caudle
- 1 large roast
- 2-3 onions
- 1-2 green peppers
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Large roast, it will be slow cooked so you don’t need a prime cut
- Put roast in a slow cooker or oven-safe pan
- Add in 2 or 3 onions sliced in half and then sliced thin
- Add in 1 or 2 green peppers sliced very thin, you can add more onion or green pepper if your family likes lots
- Put a couple of garlic cloves on top of roast, again more if your family likes flavor
- Cover and cook in low 300-degree oven or slow cook 6-8 hours
- Remove garlic or chop up and mix with onion and green pepper
- Shred the roast and return to pan. Mix well with juice and veggies
You can take out portions to use for different meals depending on how big the roast was. Great for French dip sandwiches, burritos or tacos, or just with gravy and served over potatoes.
Everything Bagel Chicken
Submitted by: Krista M. Mitchell
- 4 chicken breasts
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Olive oil
- Slice chicken in half and pound them flat
- Put chicken, olive oil, and everything bagel seasoning in a ziplock bag to marinate (preferably 3-4 hours but overnight is better)
- Put on grill. Enjoy! So simple yet so good!
Slow Cooker Roast
Submitted by: Monica Layton
- 1- Cut of meat of your choice beef roast 3-5 pounds
- 1- package of onion soup mix
- 1- can of beef broth
- 1/2 to 1 cube of butter depending on your roast size. (I always use one cube no matter how big my roast is)
- 2- beef bouillon cubes
- 1-package of ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add your roast and pour the can of beef broth over it.
Place butter on top of the roast and top with soup mix and ranch dressing.
- Place one bouillon cube on each side of the roast and salt and pepper your roast to your liking.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until roast falls apart.
- Once done cooking remove from cooker and let rest, use the drippings left in the cooker and make your gravy with it, either making your own or mixing with 2-3 packages of brown gravy mix. (Make sure if using gravy mix to measure your drippings as each package uses 1 cup of drippings. If you do not have a cup of drippings add either water or beef broth to your measuring cup to make one cup.)
Serve your roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots or cooked vegetables of your choice and homemade rolls. This is a perfect Sunday dinner with family and friends.
Fried Cube Steak
Submitted by: Cindy L Caudle
- Cube steak
- Crackers of choice (Ritz or Saltines work great)
- Get your cube steak or another cut pounded flat.
- Dip in flour, then dip in well-beaten egg and then into finely crushed crackers. If you like extra crunchy dip in egg again and back in crackers.
- You can fry in oil or you can bake on sheet in the oven at 375 degrees.
- Turn over when juices rise to top and cook to desired doneness.